Sunday, April 1, 2007

I Planted These!


Growth is a miracle to me. How does a seed or a bulb that gets stuck in the dirt know how to grow? How does it take in the food that it needs, and how does that make the seed or bulb start changing into something that looks completely different than the original? How does it know which way is up and which way is down in the ground???

It's even more miraculous to me when something that I planted grows! After years of living in rented apartments and struggling to keep houseplants alive (my record with houseplants is absolutely dismal, although I'm feeling quite victorious because we have one houseplant now that I've managed to keep alive for over a year!), I still feel like I'm going to mess up somehow when I plant something in the ground around here. But in spite of me, the stuff grows! It never ceases to amaze me.

No comments: